Saturday, April 13, 2013

Half-way to Seoul


Family Dearest-
One month down, one to go!
Sorry for my very uneventful letters...life goes pretty much the same around here. We wake up at 6:30, prayers and get ready. Breakfast is at 7:20 and then either class or study time. Then lunch, class or study time. and then, (surprise surprise) dinner and then class or study time! Back in residence halls by 9:30, we usually spend the next 45 mintues laughing and talking and eating food. My room is lucky and has a fridge, so we save stuff in there from sack breakfast...bagels and cream cheese makes for a great end-of-the-day snack! Quiet time at 10:15, then lights out at 10:30. Write in journals, say prayers.
I am pretty sure that I got the best time to be in the MTC. Easter and Conference? yeah. I'll take that. and talk about missionaries! 65,634 out + 20,000 with calls + 6,000 interviewing...that is 91,634 missionaries! We are a mighty band of youth, a modern-day army of Helaman. How grateful I am to be a part of it! When we watched the between-sessions special, I sat and thought about where I was last Conference...sitting in the Willows eating icecream is where. And I remember hearing the age change for the Elders and I KNEW is was coming...19 for the Sisters! I was so excited. And opening my call and getting dropped off, everything happened SO fast. I am so thankful that I didn't wait, because there is NO WHERE I would rather be right now. Sometimes we have to take a leap of faith before we have time to think about it. If we know it is right, just do it!
I won't try and recap how incredibly phenomenal Conference was...just watch it. But since many of you probably didn't watch the YW Broadcast, I'll tell a little bit about it. Sister Dalton is one of my heroes. I just love here. When we are standing on the edge of a big decision, DON'T back down! act in faith. be fearless. I loved her comments of departing from family and a former life to embark on the journey that God has in store for you. I probably really appreciated it because of how much it applies to me. In that same broadcast President Uchtdorf gave 3 ways to joyfully and safely make the journey back to God. First, remember that the Lord is with you. He sees you as you are and if you look for Him, you will see that He is looking for you. Second, learn to speak the language of love. That is everyone's native language, we will be able to do miracles if we practice that language enough to gain fluency in it. Third, be of good CHEER! be grateful for where you are in your journey. Find your way home, in every sense of the word.
Just one quick funny story from this week... there are so many Sister here that they have switched a bunch of the bathrooms from Mens to Womens. so, understandably, it is hard to tell the difference. On Saturday, I told Sister Sieverts that I was going around to the restroom on the other side. The one upstairs had been made into a Sister's bathrooms, and I just sorta assumed that this one was too. NOPE! As I am walking out, Sister Sieverts gives me a funny look and says "did you just use the men's bathroom?" um...yeah...that is exactly what I just did.
Luckily no one was in there! We laugh so much here, but when I come to email, I can never remember why. Probably because we are just so happy. or because the language is coming along just swimmingly ;) it's tough stuff, but we love it!
Love you all!
Sister Bassett

No comments:

Post a Comment