Monday, June 24, 2013

Suh Yong Park

Dearest Family~

I got a Korean name! 박 서 영. Suh Yong Park. It means sparkly/bright eyes. Cute huh? A friend in my ward gave it to me!

Smiling is my favorite. Really though. It makes me so much happier...even when it's so hot and discouraging, a little laughter goes a long way! and talking to people on the street is getting easier! WOW! We gave Books of Mormon to 3 students the other day. And I almost gave one away all on my own! it was awkward. after explaining the Book of Mormon a little bit, I said "this book is a gift. we want to give you one. is that ok?" apparently it wasn't ok. because she didn't take it.

English class is one of my favorite things. I always throw in random Korean words while I am teaching and my students think it is hilarious. 

We are really struggling in the teaching department. Two of our investigators dropped this week. And the other one has been meeting for about 10 or 11 weeks and isn't progressing at all. Finding is a hard think! I guess I knew that, but I didn't expect it to be like this. We street contact a lot. Any advice to make that better? Missionary work is awesome, though! I am grateful for reminders of that. This week, one came at a Zone meeting. We were singing "Onward, Christian Soldiers" and I couldn't help but sit there and smile like crazy. I AM CHRISTIAN! and I AM A SOLDIER! I signed up the join the Lord's army and I am here to fight! I thought of all the force for good that was sitting in that room...the base notes super loud and us few Sisters. It. was. awesome. I am grateful for a loving God who always will remind me of my purpose. 

We did have one great lesson though. with Sister Park/Pak. and her husband. they came to a dinner at a member's house. The members are both RM's and have a daughter about the same age as Sister Park's son. It was great! We talked about studying the scriptures as a family. (it made me so thankful for all the night Mom and Pops spent reading with us...sacred family time to learn about our Savior.) We are really hoping for her husband to start taking the lessons as well. Send some prayers his way! His name is Brother Kim. They are a beautiful family!

I love you, family! I have the best family ever!

xoxo, Sister Bassett

No comments:

Post a Comment