Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Two and a Half Fans

Dear Family-

We literally have two and a half fans. one of them broke, so we had to take the protector...grate thing off of it. and be really careful around it! No air conditioning. So it is super hot! I wake up with sweaty hair stuck to my face. BEST! haha what do you do. 

I have weird dreams here. and super realistic. A few nights ago I dreamed that a bunch of missionaries were taking a picture on top of this HUGE Korean flag. and I was falling asleep in the picture. and everyone was like 'Sister Bassett! don't fall asleep!" so in an big effort to not fall asleep, I woke myself up. so I am awkwardly half sitting up in bed, doing peace signs and kinda smiling. when I looked around and realized where I was, I laughed a little at myself and went back to bed. The next day I laughed my face off when I told Sister Arthur and Sister Fudge. haha, I crack myself up!

we are Bongcheon united. the five of us missionaries serving in 봉천 ward. and we are DOING WORK. (just for you, Garret ^^)

I was looking at my desk this week and there was a letter on there from Sister Rachel Saunders. and it was addressed to Sister Cara Bassett. It was crazy. sometimes it is still surreal that I AM A MISSIONARY! it is the coolest thing to be able to say that!

I tried duck this week! it was so yummy. They roll it up in little pieces and then you grill it and put it in lettuce with some garlic, red pepper paste, onions, and then stuff the whole thing in your mouth. YUM!

I actually like learning Korean! when I am in a lesson trying to understand and I just can't, it is frustrating. BUT during study time, I love it! It is a beautiful and interesting language. I am starting to learn the character, taken from Chinese. So each sound or syllable means something. I'm not really sure how to explain it, but it's awesome!

We went knocking doors the other day and got kicked out. they weren't too happy about the mormon.org cards in the doors! we were tempted to just say we didn't understand. but instead we just left. and laughed :)

We have this member in our ward who we just LOVE. Sister Lee. She just got back from her mission, here in Seoul, in December and moved up here to work. We saw her yesterday on our way to go proselyting and she said "oh, are you going to go testify?" YES! that is what we are going to do! it is amazing how changing the word totally changed how I saw it. yeah. We were going out to do some testifying...to tell about our Savior and His restored gospel and a Book that has changed our lives.

This week has been a roller coaster with investigators! 2 dropped us today. so that's a bummer. We couldn't meet Sister Pak either. and she was visiting her mother-in-law again, so hasn't been to church in weeks. I'm not sure, but I think that her husband might be caring more and more about if she attends church weekly. and she has been sick. So LOTS of prayers. We aren't sure what to do for her.

We also have baptismal date for Sandy on Saturday. Unfortunately, I don't think she will be ready. We taught about tithing yesterday and she said she could afford to pay that...that the 10% is really important to her. We have another lesson tonight, so any good karma would be appreciated. I think that she knows this is something good, but isn't quite ready to let herself fully accept it. and it might take a lot of time. 

The other day I forgot my name tag. it is AMAZING what that little piece of black plastic can do for you. One name is bigger than my own, JESUS CHRIST. I am His representative. and that is wonderful. When I got to put it back on again, I was sad for the day I will have to take it off for good.

I love you all! The Church is true. God loves us...He will NEVER leave us alone. We are His children. 

xoxo, Sister Bassett

No comments:

Post a Comment