Sunday, August 4, 2013

No Longer A Greenie


Dearest Family-

yep. you read it right! last Wednesday was my 12 week mark, so I am officially no longer a greenie!

Monsoon season is almost over. On Tuesday night, it was about 8:20 and we were just coming home from visiting a less active. it starts POURING. YES!!! so we ran home because we had no umbrellas. haha people thought we were crazy i'm sure! but it was so fun. and soaking.

We taught Sister Pak again on Thursday. She is so close. She knows this is right. We talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ...she says that she knows she is building faith because she reads the Book of Mormon and prays every night with her son. When we talked about repentance, she said she is changing, but not enough. How can we help her see that we are ALL trying to change? even if we have been baptized for 50 years? we taught about after baptism...going to the temple and then the celestial kingdom. She asked if she and MinJeh (her son) could walk that path alone because her husband is not interested in religion. They are really struggling. But she is so good and always optimistic! MinJeh reminds me of Taven...always on the go!

so. update on how hot it is. I was making brownies and guess what? i didn't have to melt the butter to but it around in the pan. straight from the fridge to the pan. and it MELTED ITSELF. cool, huh?

We are just seeing miracles! mom sent me the latest letters from my best friends (thanks Mommy!) and they all talked about their miracles. so I've been watching for ours. This week we picked up two new investigators. They are amazing. seriously, just glowing. They are prepared! but...we like to think that about everyone! but really. they are fabulous. Also, we were walking home one night and said hi to this lady and kept walking. I couldn't stop thinking about how happy she looked, so I  was like, "maybe we should go back and talk to her?" but we were far away and it would be awkward, but thank goodness, my companions were like YA! lets go back! so we did. and she took a Book of Mormon. nothing more...but nothing less. it felt so good.

I love being a missionary. I love my Savior. I love the Korean people. I love you!

Sister Bassett

No comments:

Post a Comment