Monday, August 19, 2013

walking in the hot, hot heat. transfer calls. and other adventures.‏


Dearest Family-

first off, can I just say how much I LOVE getting letters? especially the ones mom sends from my missionary friends. Sisters Hemming, Saunders, Wiser and Baird. and Elder Liston and Lippert. it is the best!

So. some notes I wrote down to talk about. 
- HELP THE MISSIONARIES! yeah. do I say that every week? we need you! with brings be to my next thing...
-Transfer calls! I am staying in my greenie area. with Sister Fudge. What?! yeah. I have been here 3 1/2 months and she has been here 2 months. gonna be great! and our Elders are both just ONE transfer ahead of me. all these young missionaries! I think it will be good for our ward, though, because now they know we NEED members to lessons. yes!
-the package! GREATEST! thanks so so so much! the skirts are both adorable and so comfy. I wore them both already^^ thank you! and, mom, I am using the rose oil. thanks! plus music? seriously the language of the soul. 
-We had a ward activity last night. dinner and a musical fireside. It was really good! some less actives and non-members came. so lovely! Us three sisters sang "Bridge Over Troubled Water" with some ward members. So awesome! the more Sister Pak keeps coming to those, the better. She fits in with the ward so good! we just keep praying for her. and her family.

so this week. LOTS of new things. We made TONS of invitations to that ward activity. we gave them to investigators, former investigators, less actives. And we gave 2 to all the members and asked them to bring a friend. we are really trying to get missionary work to happen in our ward. because it should be US helping THEIR missionary plan. I love our ward, though! They are like one big family! so funny and so strong. our bishopric is the best! ah. just love them. I learned what LOVE is on my mission. did I ever know how to love before? I did, but my heart is just FULL here. it has grown! in love for my family, friends, and EVERYONE else! it's the best!

On Tuesday we went to 12-week follow up training for Sister Fudge. Have I said how much we LOVE President? even if he wasn't my uncle! and our AP's are the best. One thing they said that I loved was about an Elder in our mission...Elder Pope. President Morrise said that every time he sees Elder Pope, it reminds him of the movie It's a Wonderful Life when George tells Mary to swallow the moon...then the light would shoot out of her fingers and toes and the ends of her hair. He sees that GOSPEL LIGHT in Elder Pope. and it's true! he is bright. and smiling. ALL the time. I want to be that! I want to have swallowed the moon and have light inside of me. its a beautiful thought, isn't it? we can all have the light of Christ shining from within us. it comes from the way we speak, the things we think, and the faith we act with. but it is attainable. for ALL OF US. 

I also got to go on exchanges that day! with Sister Kei! such a cute sister. ok...I just love all the sister! girl power! she asked me "how do you get over being afraid to talk to people?" and I said something along the lines of "you don't. You can still be afraid to talk to people. You just realize that something else is more important than you. that someday everyone will know what you know and they will say 'Cara! why didn't you tell me?' because our pride was more important than them? that would be a sad day!" geez! take your own advice, Sister Bassett! something is more important than me...the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I read Elder Bednar's talk Ye Must Be Born Again this week. oh goodness. he is fabulous! I loved where he says "gradually and almost imperceptibly, our motives, our thoughts, our words, and our deeds become aligned with the will of God. this phase...requires time, persistence, and patience." that is where I am at right now! and, I would guess, most of us are. so let's be patient. I love this work. I love being immersed in it. It is the best thing. have I told you lately? how much I love being a missionary?

most of our investigators are on vacation, so we didn't meet any this week. this coming week is busy though! wish us luck. Sister Fudge and I need all the prayers we can get! and the gift of tongues!

I love you all!
Sister Bassett
                                                                    Seoul Korea
                                     Our ward missionaries with our bishop and his wife
                                              One of the cute young woman in our ward!

No comments:

Post a Comment