Sunday, September 15, 2013

set goals, make plans

Dear Family-

So two weeks ago, our Zone Leaders asked us to prayerfully set goals at the next weekly planning and then watch for how God helped us make those goals. the week that we just finished was that week. They also asked us, at the end of August, to make a goal for how many baptisms each companionship wanted to help have during September. SOO...

this week we made almost ALL our goals. more than we ever have before. it was so awesome. We even had 2 people at sacrament, which has NEVER happened for us before. But the biggest miracle was Sister Pak. we really thought that one baptism was a good goal for September. We knew that Sister Pak was ready, but she already told us that she wanted to be baptized October 6. So we wondered "who else is prepared?" well...sadly, no one else was. BUT on Thursday at our lesson, we mentioned that General Conference was the week she wanted to be baptized. and Transfers are the Wednesday before. She said "I'm ready...I can be baptized on September 29" and then when she realized that I might leave, she started to tear up. I love her so! We taught Tithing that night. She accepted. We taught Word of Wisdom on Sunday. "I can't drink coffee anymore? ok.." she accepted. law of chastity. also accepted. SO PREPARED! I am awestruck. all in all, she will be baptized the day before September ends. Miracle, anyone? It is the greatest blessing to be able to be a part of all of this. My heart has been opened in ways I didn't know it could be. 

This week I started the Book of Mormon again. I LOVE IT! let me read it all the time! really. I learn SO much. and it is ALWAYS relevant. literally, a voice crying from the dust, written for our day. I was reading about Laman and Lemuel. and Nephi asks them how they could forget that they have seen an ANGEL! how?! but then, I think, "sister Bassett! how could you forget the miracles you have seen? that the Lord can do anything?" they probably didn't write it down. so i have really been trying to record the miracles I get to see in my journal. little things are the best :) 

I have a testimony of PRAYER. I know, like I never have before, that God lives and loves us. each one of us. I love and am grateful to each one of you!

xoxo, Sister Bassett

No comments:

Post a Comment