Sunday, October 20, 2013

Conference and Crosswalks

Dearest Family-

Hey! sorry about last week. 

So...Conference was so wonderful! we got to watch it all together as a zone. in English. So that was great! I loved how much putting God first was emphasized. It seemed like one talk after another was about the first great commandment of loving God with all our heart...with all we are. 

What have we even done lately...had some delicious Korean food with investigators and members. talked to tons of people to try and find new investigators. We do a lot of street contacting here. talking to people at crosswalks. on the subway. anywhere we are going. it is starting to be a lot of fun! crazy, I know, but it is! who would have thought that I could enjoy talking to random strangers so much? I have learned to talk about anything! their beautiful necklace or cute shoes, their little kids (and talking about my nieces and nephew), about learning Korean. and mostly about serving here as missionaries to teach about Jesus Christ. we don't knock doors very often, just lots of 'conversations' is what we call them. and it really gives my Korean a workout. 

There is still so much that I don't understand and can't say! a few days ago, we were talking to two old grandmas, who turned out to be Jehovah's Witnesses. I thought I understood their question, so I started answering. about where we were from and what we are doing....the usual. then she started giving me a really confused look. when she said her question again, I had totally misunderstood. and I still didn't know what she was talking about! so...we did an awkward laugh and started talking about something else. story of my life! so fun. it always gives Sister Fudge and I something to laugh about. about a week and a half ago, Sister Fudge and I were walking down the street and talking about what a GOOD day it had been! no lessons. no golden contacts. but we had talked to so many people. and it feels good! missionary good.

It is starting to get cold here! any sister coming to this mission, bring boots you can wear everyday in the winter! Mom, I got an awesome winter coat at this flea market for like $20. already worn, but whatever! i needed something really warm that I could wear everyday.

I love you all so much!

Sister Bassett

No comments:

Post a Comment