Monday, August 25, 2014

the next chapter


Dearest Family-
 
I am stealing daddy's title of his email because I liked it so much! it's not over, just writing a new chapter.
 
I can hardly believe I am typing out my last email home in my smokey little PC room in Korea. I will miss this country so much!
 
This morning I was reading in Romans chapters 5 and 6 (still trying to finish the New Testament. and loving it!). I was overcome with gratitude for the Savior's grace...that enabling and strengthening power of the Atonement that makes up for all I lack. In chapter 5 verse 20, it says that "where sin abounded, grace did much more abound" and talks about how Christ Atonement saves us...gives us the ability to walk in newness of life. Just read the chapter. Despite my weaknesses, shortcomings, pride (and stubborness), and a thousand other inadequecies, Jesus Christ is my Savior. and yours. God loved us so much, we are so precious to Him, that He sent His Son, the Only Begotten, to earth to suffer and die for each of us. As I read the New Testament and memorize "The Living Christ" I am reminded of that everyday.
 
what can I say? the last 18 months have been the best (so clique...but true!) It has been a learning experience. I cannot sum it words. A blessing of growth and joy and trials and finding out about myself (discovering steel) and drawing nearer to God. I count my every blessing and look back with gratitude. Korea will always be in my heart. These people and this place...the paverstone sidewalks, hot humid summer, subways and buses and walking for miles, hearing the conversion stories of my beloved members, sharing testimonies with other missionaries, feeling like family, learning how much I can love, reading the scriptures, looking back on the past days and months and realizing that I am changing, teaching and testifying of Jesus Christ and His gospel, the power of music, coming to know my Savior and God's plan for my life.
 
I love Jesus Christ. I am grateful beyond words that He is my Redeemer and my Friend. I am so blessed to have the priviledge to serve as His representative these past 18 months. And that isn't about to stop anytime soon! I mean, I can't wear my tag anymore (sad) but each of us represent the Savior in the way we live. I am so happy to see all of you again! the time has flown by. I am so grateful for your support and love...I can feel the power of your prayers. I know this Church is true. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to the boy Joseph Smith in the sacred grove, they spoke to him. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It brings new power into our lives and conversion to our hearts as we read and live its words. I know that God loves us, He is our Father, and He has prepared a way for us to return to live with Him again. And I know that we can all be together there, our family is eternal. We are led by a living prophet, and Christ is leading this whole work. I know He lives.
 
see you soon!
 
xoxo, Sister Bassett

No comments:

Post a Comment