Sunday, June 15, 2014

i got transferred to the amazon?


Dear Family
 
first of all.......행복한 아빠 날!!! Happy Father's day! I hope it was wonderful. Even without your favorite daughter there :) I am so grateful for you, pops! We are the luckiest kids in the world.
 
This week was, of course, wonderful. We met with our investigator, Sister Choi, twice again this week. She is so sweet. She has a really strong testimony of prayer and has prayed about every big decision in her life...from getting married to buying a house. It is really neat. Her 11 year old daugther has never prayed before. Sister Choi is, understandably, so worried about her daughter not knowing God. She asked us to teach her something, anything, about the Bible and God and Jesus Christ. We started with God is our loving Heavenly Father with Jenny. I am grateful for that simple, life-changing knowledge we have!
 
We also got to visit with a less-active this week. Her name is also Sister Choi (that's why everyone in Korea goes by last and first names. always). She is a member, has been through the temple, all of that. I'm not sure how it happened but she started working for another church...just organizing activities. Now she is a full member of that church and has completely no interest in our church. Still loves the people, loves the missionaries. She just has so much fun with the other church (they have a dance group and stuff like that). I wish that I could help her see the JOY that comes from living our gospel. Not just fun, fleeting and enjoyable for the moment, but true happiness that never has to leave. for eternity.
 
Then there was Sister Gwan. Oh how I love her and her sweet family. Those kids of hers! ahh! She is so discouraged so much of the time and often asks how mom and dad did it...they also have 6 kids! how did you? I just want to help her see that this gospel should be a blessing, not a burden for our families. I love them so much and hope some of it rubs off as I am with them.
 
I love you all! I am grateful to be serving. I love it here...more and more the longer I am a missionary. Have a great week!
 
xoxo, Sister Bassett

No comments:

Post a Comment